function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
XactiumBenXactiumBen 

Cannot Delete Old Approval Processes

I have a few once active approval process that, when deactivated, I cannot delete.  Is there a way to delete these old approval processes or are they going to be stuck in my salesforce org forever?  I've tried removing the records that have approval history but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated on this.

shillyershillyer

From the help:

Click Delete to delete an inactive approval process. Before deleting an approval process, make sure it is inactive and that no records have been submitted for approval. If any records have been submitted, delete them and remove them from the Recycle Bin.

Hope that helps,

Sati

dmsx2oddmsx2od

That's true.  You may also have to wait a bit, as even deleting records from a recycle bin does keep them in some sort of special deleted file area in Salesforce.  Those files are purged every few days or few weeks - I forget which - so go ahead and empty the recycle bin, but try deleting the approval process after a week or two.

Hope that helps!

amidstcloudamidstcloud

Hi Shillyer,

Thanks for the information. I have a qucik question here. 

How can identify the records that are related to a Approval Process.  I fetched all th records of Process Instance but there I got Target Object ID.

I have three approval process on a object.  Two of them have been deactivated. I have to find the Appproval records that are link to these two approval process.