function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MHOCTMHOCT 

Mass Update And Mass Edit From List View Question

I have installed this tool in our sandbox and would like to install this in our production environment.  I am very excited about this product and how it could help us to better manage our Salesforce data, but we only want system administrators (or a specific profile) to see these buttons.

For a related list view, this can easily be done by creating an alternate page layout that is assigned to the system administrators.  However, it seem that when you add the button to the object list view the buttons is visible to all users that have access to that object, not just the system administrators with the rights to this functionality.  Since the users do not have the required permissions, the Insufficient Privileges page will display if they attempt to use the button.  This will be frustrating and confusing to our users.  We really don't want the users to see the buttons at all. 

The object list buttons are the ones we are most interested in from an administrative perspective.  If we are not able to set it up so the buttons can only be seen by the system administrators, we won't be able to use the product.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can accomplish having the object list view buttons only visible to a specified profile?  I am hoping that we aren't the only ones with this requirement and that there is a way around this problem. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we would really like to use this product!

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hello,

When you install this application, you get a list of radio buttons which let you choose whom you wish to give access to this Mass Edit/Delete Functionality.

Which security setting did you choose, please let me knwo and I will test it at my end.

MHOCTMHOCT

Hi Sonam,

When I installed it, I selected the "Grant access to admins only" option. 

Then I followed the steps to add the button the contact list view:

1. Got to Setup>Customize>Contacts>Search Layouts
  2. Click Edit link for Contacts List View
  3. Add Mass Edit & Mass Update buttons to the selected buttons

Thanks!

Bhargavi Ananthoju 6Bhargavi Ananthoju 6
Hi @Sonam_SFDC, 
Can we use this app in community. We are unable to have this "Mass Update" button not working in our community[Customer Portal Account template]