function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tengeltengel 

Cloud Swarm: Auto-follow Chatter Files?

Loving Cloud Swarm, just customized the unmanaged package to set up auto-follow rules for a custom object. I'm not really a developer, but a curious admin who can look at some code, sort of understand what it's saying/doing, and perform slight maniuplations to customize it.

Before I go down this road, I'm hoping someone can tell me whether this is possible and, if so, if it's relatively simple to do using the existing code in the Cloud Swarm package. I'd like to set up auto-follow rules for Files that are uploaded to custom object records that users own.

EXAMPLE:

• We have a custom object called "Producer Record."
  • I own the Producer Report record, "January 2013 Commission Report."
  • A PDF file is uploaded to the January 2013 Commission Report record.
  • I auto-follow the PDF file according to criteria established in the Cloud Swarm app.

Possible?

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

I don't see any glaring red flags on why you couldn't do this.  That being said, if you're not a developer, it might be a bit of a challenge, though it sounds like you're up for it.  You'll probably have to use a Trigger on Attachments (as described here) or on FeedItems (depending on where they're going to post the file) and have the code check if the crtieria established in the Cloud Swarm app has been met.  I haven't tried it myself, but you should be able to auto-follow a file just the same as any other record.

I hope that helps!

cK