function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KarisaKarisa 

Excel Connector- exporting Leads from SF

Can anyone answer my question? is this possible and if so, how can i do it?

I have exported my leads stored in SF into Excel, however I want to link this to excel connector so that the drop-down options in my customized fields are shown as options to select from- i will be forwarding this spreadsheet for non users to fill out and send back to me.

Does this make sense?
thanks
flescorflescor
If I understand you correctly, you want to present users with the correct set of picklist values in certain fields, have them set values, then upload this back to SFDC.  Easiest way to do this is probably to use the Data Validation functionality in Excel - you enter the list of picklist values on another sheet of the Excel workbook, then use Data Validation (see the Excel Help screens) to refer to this list as a way of limiting the user choices.

Scott
BoardwalktechBoardwalktech
We're a newbie developer for AppExchange providing a collaborative spreadsheet technology which can make the link between SFDC and Excel interactive & collaborative. This would mean changes to any cell of data can be exchanged between SFDC & Excel and seen by any number of users including changes to pick lists, etc. We are hoping to learn how best (if at all) to offer this component to the SFDC user community. How often are you exporting these leads and how collaborative do you need the connection to Excel?
KarisaKarisa
I am exporting about once or twice a month.