function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LennyLenny 

Running a report with no filter-suppose to bring all records

Hello,

i'm trying to run a report using the Excel Connector which will bring all contact records.

So I'm choosing the contact table, the fields that I want to see in the report, and when I get to the "Add Clause" screen I do nothing, I'm leaving it as is and doing "next".

Whan I'm expecting is that all the contact records will appear in the results excel table. The actual is that the following line appears at the top of the file
System Modstamp>21/12/2006

and I get only few contact records. For example: if there are 20,000 records in the system for contacts (which is what i'm expecting to get in the Excel) - I'm getting only 500 contact records.

When I'm going back to refine my query I see in the "Add Clause" screen I see the following query: System Modstamp>21/12/06 - althiught I didn't enter anything there!

Why is that? What is the logical "filter" he does to give me those 500 records? How can I over come it?

Jeff SolomonJeff Solomon
In my experience, if you do not define a query clause the excel connector always uses the system modstamp and the current date as the default clause. I have gotten around this by either changing the date in the clause to a date prior to when my company migrated onto SFDC. You could also insert a clause that is based on a required SFDC field, use the "not equals" operator, and leave the value of the clause blank. Since the field is required you don't have to worry about missing any records, because the field can not be blank.
karenh33karenh33
Hi Lenny,

This will do what you need. Use this will any record/object ID.

Add Clause:
1. Select a Field = Contact ID
2. Set Operator = Not Equals
3. Enter Value = NULL
Add to Query, RUN

Happy New Year! 
Karen