function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LCgLCg 

Need Help Overriding data in Excel Connector that has been uploaded into Salesforce

We use the excel connector as the tool for up loading our price lists into salesforce for quoting purposes.  On a couple of ocassions I have found errors in the prices and have tried to correct them in the excel connector price book and then try to re-upload them into sales force....unfortunately I have been unsuccessful.

What as happened is I try to change our Price Book Entry ID from the code assigned it by sales force to NEW
Then I try to go to "insert selected rows" in the Ad ins for excel connector

After it is done doing that I get a message stating "Insert Row failed. This price definition already exsists in price book"

There has to be a way to update a price book when errors are found or prices increase.  Does anyone know how to do this?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Thanks,
Andrew
len123len123

If you want to update use the Update function in Excel Connector and not Insert.

Export the price book entry lines you which are mistake and update the price. Stand on the cells you updated and choose from the Excel Connector menu - update selected cells.

LCgLCg
Thanks for the informaton.  When you me export my pricebook do you mean I have to re-export it from Sales back to excel or can I just use my current price book in excel and update that.  Currently when I try that I get an error message so I must be doing something wrong.I was wondering if you could give me a step by step on this.Sorry but this is new to me and I am still learning the ends and outs of the program.Thanks again!
len123len123

Hi,

The first link here is the link to instructions on the excel connector and the second  one is a link to a post on upload products and pricess using the excel connector.

Generally - I would export the pricess using Excel connector (use the first function in the excel connector menu - sforce table query wizard) and then after you have the data just change the pricess and update using the excel connector.

Use the links below, it will help you

http://blogs.salesforce.com/features/2006/05/excel_connector.html