function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MikeMikeMikeMike 

'sforce.connect1.xls' cannot be found

Help (please)!

My Excel connector stopped working yesterday, and, after re-doing the download and unzip functions, I am left with this message.  What can I do next?

Thanks in advance
FrancesMFrancesM
I am in a similar position and it is incredibly frustrating. I keep uninstalling and reinstalling in different folder locations just so that I can test if the location of the file is the issue.  I am using the Office 2007 suite. May this also be an issue? Any help is much appreciated.
gpedronigpedroni
I recieved the same error. I had been using it for 4 months roughly. The only thing I changed the day before I recieved the error, was that I updated the following:

Connect for Office version 1.8.0.2
Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.107

I didn't notice until the following day, when I tried to use my sforce_connect tool, and nothing would work. I click on any of its options and I get the same error  "sforce.connect1.xls can not be found....

I removed, the add-on, and removed toolbar, renamed the XLA file. Then I reset the whole thing up as new and it still gives me the same error.

From the looks of it on http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm it only mentions the use of Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.0 (not 3.2). Something in 3.2 changed the file name, or moved the file location. I did a quick search on my computer for the file sforce.connect1.xls and nothing was found, so they much have changed the name of it.... I've put in a brief description of this error here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1849710&group_id=96634&atid=615384

My only guess at fixing this problem, is going back to Connect for MS Outlook 3.0, the version that worked fine. does anyone know where to find older versions? Or does anyone have this version that I can go back to??

Message Edited by gpedroni on 12-12-2007 04:14 PM
LiquidJLiquidJ
i was having the same problems and now i fixed it....

go to the help button in excel and
click on the repair button and magic happens....
some how the connector works now.  :)
gpedronigpedroni
I did the repair, and i still get the same error. I did put in a request to SF support to see if I could get the old version of the outlook tool to see if that fixes it, as my error didn't occur until I updated.
ccarson18ccarson18
MikeMike,

I too cannot get the macro to run in Excel 2007.  It works fine in Excel 2003.   From what I can tell, Excel 2007's macro security is quite different.  I'm not sure if it's because the macro certificate has expired?

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone else has found a solution to Excel 2007.
cc
spatrizispatrizi

I just started having the same problem using Excel 2003.  I tried the Detect & Repair action and that didn't help.  Has anyone figured out a solution?

spatrizispatrizi

I just tried the following steps (with the exception of the "cleaning any reference" since I wasn't exactly sure how to do that) AND IT WORKED!

The following was enough for me:
- Uninstall the Excel Addin: Tools/Add Ins and uncheck sforce_Connect
- Delete sforceConnector toolbar: right click on the toolbars/Customize/Toolbars tab/ sforceConnector , and click the Delete button on the right
- Close Excel
- Clean any .xla reference in your document and settings
- Start Excel and Install the Excel Add In: Tools/Add Ins/sforce_connect, click on Browse

bkaplerbkapler

I just had the following message appear in EXEL when I tried to envoke the SFconnector

"sforce_connect_for_pe1.xls" not found.  WE use PE not EE however I assume the issue/solution should be similar.  I did the following:

1.  executed the suggested  EXCEL  detect & repair

2.  Un installed the Tool bar and add-in, rebooted EXCEL & OP SYS.  and reinstalled by placing the salesforce_connect_for PE.xla in the addins folder.  I did not know what it meant to "clean any .xla reference form documents & settings" so I did not do that.

3.  I also noticed that there seems to be some postings talking about the linkage between EXCEL connector & theh MS Outlook version.  I just noticed my operating system automatically posted the SP3 updates to outlook  coud that be the issue.

Any other suggestions or any one else seeing this problem