function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Derek_sealDerek_seal 

Adding SF Solution records - cant add categories ?

im in the process of moving an old SQl system to SF, using a number of tools, the stage im stuck on is to do with the Solutions tab

I can add Solutions with the excel connector but when i try to find a way to load them into categories i become stuck.

cant see a field or a table that mentions categoires with solutions

Anyone have a Clue ?????????

or am i just blind ?
jimmyzjimmyz
To not duplicate your post I'm having the exact same problem. Were you able to find a workaround?

thanks,
james
SuperfellSuperfell
You need to use the CategoryNode & CategoryData tables, you may need a newer tool than the excel connector to access those tables (try the data loader)
rpr2rpr2

If you don't see the two category tables referred to by Simon, you don't need to get a newer version of Connector, but you will need to modify the API version being used to the current version (which is 12.0 at the moment).  To do this you would go to Options | Advanced and enter the following URL, substituting your Instance # for the # in na#

https://na#.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/12.0

If you are logged into the connector, you will need to logout and then re-login for this to take effect.

Rhonda

Message Edited by rpr2 on 05-30-2008 07:03 PM

Message Edited by rpr2 on 05-30-2008 07:05 PM
Derek_sealDerek_seal

thank you Rpr2, thats worked a treat, and the information about Categorynode file was also usful, all ive done now is extract a list of the nodes (i only use single level nodes' and then copy/pasted the Id field into the Record Type ID of the solutions tabe and all seems to work fine.

Now that i have it working my boss has changed his mind on what he wants but thats just Life.

thank you all for your help.