function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheBootTheBoot 

Strange Error Message - Please Help!!

My Excel Connector is broken!!  :smileysad: I got an error message similar to the one described in the FAQ documentation where the file has been moved.  HOWEVER, I did not move my .xla file!!  The error message actually says it's looking for 'sforce_connect1.xls', and then all the usual stuff about it being moved or misspelled.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing as per the instructions inthe FAQ, but I still can't get it to work.

When I walk through getting rid of the add in, the toolbar never actually goes away.  I have to mannually go uncheck the sforce Connector toolbar to make it dissappear, but then the option for it to come back is still there.  This sounds different than the behavior described in the FAQ.

Then when I go to install the Add In again, the floating toolbar never shows up, and I get another error message when I attempt to use the Excel Connector.

I am using Excel 2003.   Please someone help me, I relly need to get my Excel Connector back!!!:smileyindifferent:

Thanks!
Brandy
kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
I encountered this as well.

I seem to recall to fix it I unistalled both the Excel Connector and Salesforce Office.  I then rebooted the system (just to be safe).  Then reinstalled both the Salesforce Office and then the Excel Connector.

Kevin