function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RandomtandemRandomtandem 

Merging Accounts

Does anyone know if its possible to merge Accounts via the Excel Connector ? The  functionality within SFDC is fine but quite time consuming. We've had an import that did not go too well and all contacts created a unique Account, which need to be  merged.

all thoughts welcome

kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
I am not aware of any merge functionality in the Excel Connector (not saying there isn't one, just that I am not aware of one).

However, you could still use the Excel Connector to accomplish the moving of your contacts.  By doing the followign:

1) Pull down info on the accounts in one tab, and contacts in another page. 
2) Change the AccountID on the contact page to the correct AccountID either via Lookup fucntion or manually
3) Highlight the AccountID cells of the contacts and run an Update Selected Cells function
4) Go to the account section and get all of the bad accounts and delete them

kevin
forceAMPforceAMP
QueryAmp can merge accounts, contacts and leads from Excel. It uses the 9.0 API Merge call and performs the same actions as the sf app does (reparenting, etc.) You can also merge more than 3 at a time.
jhamletjhamlet

Since that app isn't available any longer... is there any solution for merging records in a table via Excel Connector? 

I remember hearing that this may be possible in a recorded video somewhere... but it doesn't look like it is possible in any documentation.

Thanks!

rpr2rpr2

DemandTools lets you merge accounts - and other objects as well.

Excel connector does not.