function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gtsnowdgtsnowd 

Problem inserting a new Opportunity with the Excel Connector

I am having a problem inserting a new opportuntiy.  Here is the error message I get

Salesforce:  Create()
invalid Range, missing datatype, or other error
type is :  Opportunity
Value out of range

I have narrowed down the problem to two custom fields I am trying to load.  Both are percent fields.  When I just type a value into the cells for those fields the insert works just fine.  When I put a cell reference in there for the value, I get the error mentioned above.
BlankaBlanka
I am having a similar issue when trying to inser new opportunities.
My error message says : Update ()
invalid Range, missing data type,or other unknown error
bad ID newY55

I have a campaign created and now I want to insert an opportunity for a specific account with the campaign ID included. This is the first time I am trying to use this so I am not sure if it works or not

Did anybody ever experienced this before?

Thanks
Blanka

BlankaBlanka
I have figured it out.

I have not realized that I have been hitting Update Selected Cells first intead of Insert Selected Rows and then waiting for an ID and then clicking on Update Selected Cells.

Thanks

Blanka
Stephanie Jones 11Stephanie Jones 11
I am having almost the exact same problem as the OP; I notice this was never answered and am hoping someone out there can shed some light on this.  I have two records that will not insert no matter what out of about forty records.  I have reviewed the data and cannot find anything that is different about those two records compared to the other successful ones.  Unlike the OP, I can't narrow it down to any field(s), so I have no idea what could be wrong.  Help?!

Thanks!
Stephanie Jones 11Stephanie Jones 11
Found my own answer finally; it was a problem with percentages the formula was pulling in.  Salesforce is set up to account for two decimal places and the two opportunities I was trying to insert had three in the raw data.  We amended the formula to round to two places and it appears to have fixed the problem.