function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David JDavid J 

Excel Connector - Cannot Run The Macro Error report

Hello

I have a "cannot run the macro" error in excel when i try to use sforce connector wizard, how does one fix this?  I have checked the Macros and they have been enabled fully in excel. I have placed the the zipped file to sforce_connect_616.zip into ..c:\My Documents and when it did not work I also copied the file to the error report location c:\Documents and Settings\David1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 and I have unziped the file on both places.

The error report in excel when I select Sforce Connector wizard is....
- c:documen~1/davidj~1\locals~1\temp\temporary directory 1 for spores_connect_616.zip\spores_connectxls'!sfDescribeAndQuery'.  The maco may not be avilable in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Has anyone had this error report and how did you fix it.

Yours David J
LucyLucy
Hi, did you figure this out?  I have the same problem, Thanks, Lucy
jisaacjisaac
I am having the same problem as well and it has me crippled not to be able to sue the Connector.
KrystalKrystal

We have a user here who has been using the Excel Connector but ever since he got a new computer, we cannot successfully install it on the new machine.

What happened was that before he migrated over to the new computer, he saved the xla file in a disc (his DVD rom was D: drive) so when he wanted to install the Excel Connector,

He ran the xla file from the disc in D drive.  Now whenever he wants to use the Excel Connector it tries to find the macro in D:.  We tried to completely uninstall the Office and Outlook edition and downloaded everything from the Link: website (the Outlook Edition, Office Edition and the XLA file) and unchecked the AddIn in Excel and then adding it back by browsing to the XLA file in C:. But it doesn’t work.

It still tries to open the path D:_____ .xla whenever he tries to use the Connector.

Now the only way to run the Connector is to insert the disc in D: .  Is there a way to change the path?