function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin MulliganKevin Mulligan 

Install errors...where's the manual?

Hello everyone-

Alright. I am thoroughly confused. I have tried to read all the relevant posts re: installation problems and I am STILL having problems.

Here's the scenario:

I have installed the connector. When I click on any item on the sforce Connector toolbar in Excel, I get the following error:

The macro "C:\DOCUME~1\KMULL~1.TOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK108.tmp\sforce_connect_for_pe_xla'!sfDescribeandQuery' cannot be found.

This leads me to believe that it is not installed properly.

Here's what I have tried, without success:

1. I have confirmed that I have installed the PE version of the Excel connector since I am a PE customer.

2. I uninstalled the Office edition and the Outlook edition and installed the latest (i.e. Office Edition Version = 1.8.0.0, Outlook edition=3.2.

3. I installed the latest Office API tooklit

4. I tried uinstalling the connector as described in other posts.

5. I unzipped the addin to the desktop and installed it via Tools-->Add Ins in Excel. If and when prompted, I had it overwrite the existing version.

Comments/Questions:

1. The fact that the error message mentions the PK108.tmp directory leads me to believe that it is looking in a PKZIP temporary directory. Why?

2. Does a manual exist? Where can I find it?

3. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall everything. I have already done this.

4. What am I missing ?!?!

forceAMPforceAMP
Kevin,

There is another Excel connector that is fully supported.  See www.queryamp.com

skapplerskappler

Hi Kevin,

Not sure this will help, but the 'manual' can be found at http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/

I do have QueryAmp and I still use the connector for many things.  I think they are both very useful tools in their own right.

Best of luck!
Sara

Kevin MulliganKevin Mulligan
Thank you Bill for letting me know about QueryAmp and thank you Sara for you taking the time to pass along the URL of the user manual.

I still have not solved this problem but am hopeful that I will get sorted out one of these days. I can't believe that I am the only one to have ever seen this error or, at the very least, written about it.

I have tried everything including creating the directory that I am getting in the error message, uninstalling and removing all instances of the connector from my computer before redownloading and reinstalling.

For some reason, it keeps looking in what appears to be a temporary PKZIP directory. Oh well. As the Salesforce.com community does not appear to be of much help on this one, I guess I am on my own.
KrystalKrystal

Were you able to figure out how to change the directory?  I am having the same issue here and it keeps looking in D: (DVD rom) when the Add In is installed in C:

The first time when the Excel Connector was installed it was in D from a disc. Now I cannot uninstall it and reinstall it in C.  The connector is looking for the D:.... xla file EVERY TIME.