function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JamWilJamWil 

Excel Connector won't load Person Account data

Hi there

I have been trying to get the Excel Connector to download data from either the Accounts or Contacts tables in EE without success. The instance has a B-C setup (Person Accounts). To add to this, the Accounts Tab has been renamed as "Customers". I have been able to download from all tables in this instance except the Accounts and Contacts tables. I have been able to download data from other tables in the instance where the Tab has been renamed - ie I suspect that the renaming of the Accounts Tab is not relevant. I am using the 6.16pe version inside Excel 2003 SP3.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Please ignore. I have just been reading another post and it occurred to me to try a later version of the API (I had tried everything else). I have been using v6.0 as installed, but got results on both Accounts and Contacts by using v15.0.

To quote Jakester:

"Make sure that you're using the latest API with the connector - you can set this by going to Options and then the Advanced Tab in sforce connector. Enter this version: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/15.0 "

Thx James

Message Edited by JamWil on 03-05-2009 02:04 AM