function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nsmnsm 

Use of Excel Connector with New Salesforce Security Token

Salesforce has introduced this new security token and I can't login any more.  I have downloaded the security token so I can log into the website but I can't use the connector.  Its says I have to add it to the logon, but I don't know how.  Does anybody know?

Thanks,
NSM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rpr2rpr2
1 Log in to Salesforce via the browser to request your security token.

2 Go to Setup -> My Personal Information -> Reset Security Token.

3 Click the Reset Security Token button to trigger an email which will contain your security token.

4 Select and copy the token from the email (example: a6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr)

5 In Excel, execute the connector and when prompted for your password, enter the combination of your password and the security token. For example, if your password is "MyPassword" and your security token is "a6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr", you would enter MyPassworda6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr into the password field.

All Answers

rpr2rpr2
1 Log in to Salesforce via the browser to request your security token.

2 Go to Setup -> My Personal Information -> Reset Security Token.

3 Click the Reset Security Token button to trigger an email which will contain your security token.

4 Select and copy the token from the email (example: a6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr)

5 In Excel, execute the connector and when prompted for your password, enter the combination of your password and the security token. For example, if your password is "MyPassword" and your security token is "a6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr", you would enter MyPassworda6Lgob979LW4anxfbhtDgtukr into the password field.
This was selected as the best answer
nsmnsm
Thank you so much.  Your suggestion worked perfectly.
Blue85Blue85

Hi,

I had the same problem and requested a new security token.  I added it to the password when prompted, but got the following error:

Any ideas?  I'd be extremely grateful for any help!!

Steve