function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
D_RoyD_Roy 

Updating custom number fields

I seem to hit a wall everytime i try to 'update selected cells' where the selected cells are custom fields with 'number' as type. The error is completely generic saying : "Object required".

I'm sure i have the correct structure and what not seeing as how i loaded the table using the 'Table query wizard'. I can update all the other custom fields that i've tried except for 'number' types.

I also find it strange that i can 'insert' a new row and the custom number fields take the value without a hitch, updating is where the problem is at.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something or if there is a work around for this.

Thanks

CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
When you look at the format of the cell in Excel what is it set at?
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist

This was from a previous post.

Not sure about root cause in the connector but I found two process changes that correct this problem:

1. Be sure the field name you are updating is unique across all objects

2. When running the initial query, select the option to use API names instead of field labels.

Riley BRiley B

i have a similar problem

1, the field API name and Label are unique.  i've checked, rechecked, made a new field with a completely diffrent name.

2, the option is set to use API names.

anything else i might try?

Thank you

D_RoyD_Roy
I haven't came back to this post in a while but the problem went away for me when i updated the 'SForce Office ToolKit' and the 'sforce_connect.xla' to the latest verions.

Although i hit a bit of back and forth when trying to update the pluggin with Excel, once the right connector was referenced everything was fine.