function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFQuestSFQuest 

Error msg..Confirm the report's availability Excel Connector

Hello, I have installed Excel connector and have not yet been able to import a report. I have chosen a variety of report types and report locations and get the same error message each time. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Thanks!

Error: Unable to retrieve the requested report. Please log in to Salesforce using a web browser to confirm the report's availability.
JCoppedgeJCoppedge
Sounds like it could be an authentication issue?  Are you able to login through the API with another program (e.g. connect for Outlook)?  Have you added your security token to the end of your password?
SFQuestSFQuest
I am able to login in using the security token. The excel connector allows me to view all my reports within Salesforce. In response to your question I am able to use Dataloader, I have never tried the Connect for Outlook.
GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

Hi,

One of my users is getting this error as of today.

She did not change her configuration.

It is working fine from another pc.

Other users on here pc have the problem as well.

Reinstalling the Office Edition Excel Addin did not resolve the issue.

Any clues?

Vishal (Sops)Vishal (Sops)
I am facing the same problem. This addin is working fine on my home computer (Win7 & Office 2007) but doesn't work at my workstation that has the same windows/office. Getting the same error pop up 'Unable to retrieve the requested report. Please log in to salesforce.com using a web browser to confirm the report's availability'. Was anyone able to resolve the issue?
Florent Guignard - GEFlorent Guignard - GE
Hello. Reset all your Internet Explorer settings and it should work. Kind regards