function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tmorris82tmorris82 

Insert a new row of data into Salesforce

I am trying to add new opportunities into my salesforce professional edition - and when i try and import new opportunities into Salesforce from Excel i get the following error message:

Salesforce: Create ()

invalid range, missing data type, or other error,

type is: Opportunity

Type mismatch

I have double checked all the required fields for any new opportunity are included and are in the correct format. The opportunity ID i have marked down as new (as per instructions). Any help as to what i should be looking out for would be greatly appreciated - as i need to try and work this out ASAP.

Thanks

ScrapsScraps

That error comes up, for example, when i try to insert Text into a checkbox field rather than TRUE/FALSE - the message then says "x is not a valid boolean" rather than "Type Mismatch"

I suggest that you try to query some existing opportunities using the same table format to make sure the data is in the right format

kbakerkbaker

Could be any of the 20 different field formats that is allowed in SFDC.  You need to

1 - Isolate the fixed fields in your SFDC table you are uploading to (Date, DateTime, Number, Checkbox or e-mail)

2 - Validate the format in your spreadsheet is the same as where the data is headed - if the field in SFDC is DateTime and you are only showing a Date value then you would have to re-format your data to be a DateTime.  Same for the other fields.

This will likely fix your issue - best of luck.

tmorris82tmorris82

Many Thanks for your help. I actually sorted this about five minutes after posting the query. It was an issue with the currency formatting. Many thanks again.