function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ALLALL 

Excell connector wont let me download more than 32766 records

Hi, I'm newbie in the forum, and I recently discovered the excel connector, wich is great, but every time I want to export to excel a large quantity of leads, it stops at 32766, when it is supposed to download at least 90154 records. The filters are fine, it seems more to be a trouble of excel or the connector. Any ideas?

Thankyou very much.

Arturo Llano
México, D.F.
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

I've run into this before. Excel can typically handle 65,000 rows (in a saved file, no limit that I know of in an unsaved file), so I can't explain the cause of the problem... But if you like using Excel Connector as much as I do you won't mind the workaround.

• Use Excel Connector query wizard Step 1 and Step 2a and Step 2b to specify the object and column headers that you need. Cancel out the wizard at step 3 before you actually run a query.
  • Create a Salesforce report that pulls the records you need, but ONLY include the Object ID column. Export that report to Excel, then copy the IDs into the first column on your Excel Connector workbook.
  • Finally, in your Excel Connector workbook, select rows with IDs and use the "Query selected rows" option to extract the data for the column headers that you specified.

Hope that helps!

awilawil

When I tried this workaround, I got "too many rows selected 41601max is 2000". You have to go into the Excel Connector options and check the box "Disregard the reasonable limits on max rows to Update".

Message Edited by awil on 09-14-2009 11:34 AM
GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

This improved version of Excel Connector does allow for more than 32766 rows (and some other improvements)

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Other-Salesforce-Applications/Updated-sForce-Excel-Addin-feel-free-to-use-edit/td-p/186779