function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FlorenciaFlorencia 

Convert Lead into Account & Contact

I'm trying to massively convert Leads into Accounts and Contact. Could create Contacts and Accounts with no problem. When I tryed to update the Leads I received and error saying that certain fields could not be updated. The error says:

"Unable to create/update fields: ConvertedDate, ConvertedContactId, ConvertedAccountId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile."

How can I do that? Is there any other way of doing this? I also had trouble trying to set the "Converted" field value to "true" because it said it was not a valid value. Should I use number 1?

Any advice will be very appreciated.

rpr2rpr2
Those are read-only fields that only the system can update.  If you query your leads after completing the conversion, you will find that those fields that you mention were already automatically updated for you.  It's all part of the conversion process.
PeaceMakerPeaceMaker

The fields mentioned are standard fields that can be updated only by the system, If you check the field level security It will show as readonly field. dont pass any value to those field and save it. After saving try to extract the record and see the values are populated or not.

Note -  Manual Convertion of leads requires some special attention like Account has to be created , Opportunity has to be created and those Id's has to be updated in lead record.

Hope its clear..... 

AshishTomarAshishTomar

You should take advantage of our "Mass & Auto Convert Leads" application.

Appexchange Link

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000030ptZ