function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
radiumsoupradiumsoup 

can't set server URL in Excel connector

I recently added a new field and need to bulk update it using the Excel connector, but it's not showing up when I get the object definition. As I understand it, it's because I need to be connecting to a newer API number, and the method to do so includes setting the server URL to a higher number... however, when I go into Options > Advanced, the server URL field is unclickable, and the checkbox to specify a default server is greyed out. Even when I try to log in, I can type in the username and password, but the "Server URL" line is greyed out, and I can't edit it.

What the heck??? :\

RickARickA

Make sure you're not already logged into a session (click the Force.com connector dropdown and choose "Logout Session" if it's enabled).   Then go back and click "Describe Object" - the log-in prompt should appear.  Now click the "Advanced" button and this should allow you to type of the URL of the server.

radiumsoupradiumsoup

Already tried that - in fact, I've closed out of Excel completely and tried again, and after that failed, I even rebooted... no good :(

gmccogmcco

I had the same issue,

I got around this by setting the required values directly in the registry:

for example:

set the value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opensource\ServerURL

to https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/14.0

and set the value: for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opensource\SetServerURL to "True"

this resolved the issue for me

regards

Gary