function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MikeGillMikeGill 

Support for Excel 2010

Has anyone got the excel connector working with Excel 2010?

Looking for a concrete answer on this one

Thanks

Pankaj PatelPankaj Patel

First, Install Office 2007 and Excel connector in Office 2007 (If you already not have installed on your machine).

Once you have Excel Connector in Office 2007, Please follow the steps below:

1.  Access the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12     (Office12 is default folder for 2007)

2.  Copy the folder XLSTART (there should be tow files “SFDC” and “SFDC12”

3.  Now access the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14    (Office14 is default folder for 2010)

4.  Paste the folder XLSTART

5.  Open excel 2010 and you should have Salesforce.com tab available in excel 2010.

6.  Now, download sforce connector from this link: http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/

Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

MikeGillMikeGill

Thank you - I will ask my customer to try it

echeungecheung

Thanks Pataj, this worked well for me.  Actually I didn't even need to install 2007 first on my machine, I simply grabbed the Microsoft12 files from another computer which did have the toolkit installled on 2007.

duckyforceduckyforce

I cannot get this working.

I dragged over the two files from XLSTART in Office12 to Office14

Every time I boot up Excel I get:

Compile error in hidden module: OTWrap.

Any ideas?

Juan Oliver (IATA)Juan Oliver (IATA)

Hi Mike, David and rest of community.

I am glad to let you know the workaround I did couple of months ago which enables SF Connector for Excel 2010.

1. Download and Install SF connector. 

Link: Download SF Connector

2. Locate the XLA files installed on your computer when you installed the SF Connector.

3. Add a subroutine to your Personal workbook so that it is available to all subsequent new XLSX files.

the subroutine is a simple as calling the XLA and open it. => this will enable the Salesforce.com tab.

4. (Optional) create a buton in any of your bars and assign it to the subroutine.

That's it.

Unfortunately I can remember where the XLA was located but I still can find it on my Laptop from the office.

Drop a comment if anyone needs me to look for it.

cheers

Juan Oliver 

IATA