function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mknmkn 

Missing Record Type in Custom Object export

I have added a new record type to a custom object and would like to update all current records with the default record type. I can see the record type when creating a report of the custom object - but the Excel Connect export does not include the record type field. I have added workflow rules for updating the report type. These work correctly. What am I missing? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

mkn

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mknmkn

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that I have found recordtypeid on the DataLoader export. So I will user DataLoader, and not Excel Connector for updating the Record type.

Thank you for taking an interest in my question.

MKN:smileyvery-happy:

All Answers

jroyaltyjroyalty

It can take some time for changes to objects to appear in the excel connector.  I've found that logging out of the connector and closing Excel completely, then re-opening it and logging back in will sometimes trigger a refresh.  Otherwise it's just waiting for Salesforce's database to actually index the new value.

mknmkn

Thank you for the input. I am definitely impatient.

I have tried again today and am still not successful - but then again, I am in my sandbox environment.

Is there a way to tell when refreshes take effect?

jroyaltyjroyalty

An hour has always been plenty of time for me, if yours hasn't updated it's probably something else.  Could the connector be pointing at the wrong environment?

I'm afraid my experience is limited to situations where just waiting a little while resolves the problem as the database syncs up the new information.

The only other thing I've seen is that the excel connector will only show fields that have been added to a page so that they're editable in Salesforce.  If you haven't added the field to the edit page that could be preventing it from showing up.

mknmkn

I have made changes to the custom object by adding and deleting fields. These changes show up in Excel Connector with no problem. But record type does not show up. Is there something special about Record type on a custom object that keeps it from appearing in the Excel connect download?

I have added a record type to the Opportunity object and have no problem exporting record type id on this standard object.

Help???

mknmkn

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that I have found recordtypeid on the DataLoader export. So I will user DataLoader, and not Excel Connector for updating the Record type.

Thank you for taking an interest in my question.

MKN:smileyvery-happy:

This was selected as the best answer