function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
E_J_PE_J_P 

Exporting Salesforce leads and information

I am attempting to back up all of our information from SalesForce and am trying to export all of our leads and information. I saw a previous discussion which mentioned that I could simply export from the data management tab in the administrative settings.  However, that options does not seem to exist any longer.  I'd appreciate any advice and also what is the best format for exporting the data a well.

Eric

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Excel-Connector/Exporting-data-from-Salesforce/td-p/46023

sebcossebcos

Hi,

have you considered using the Apex data loader?

You can download it from setup -> administration setup -> data management -> data loader .

Although it is a bit technical, it can export data in CSV format easily. Just use the export option. You might need to use the security token added to your password (this is an extra token to insure that is needed for data loader operations): you can request it from "my personal information" and will be sent to you via email . Once you are logged, in you should be able to easily export  the data for the objects you need.

E_J_PE_J_P

I was not able to find the Apex data loader in my data management tab.  Do I need to download something before I can use the APEX data loader.  Thanks for the help.

jroyaltyjroyalty

You need to be using Enterprise or Developer edition of Salesforce to use the Apex data loader. If you're not, the Excel connector is the best option available without additional fees.  If you are willing to spend a little more, I believe you can purchase a one time backup access from Salesforce -- you would want to talk to your sales rep for details on that.

Whether the Excel connector can get all the details you need or not mostly depends on how patient you are about pulling down all the records and their relationships, and exactly what you need to save.