function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas23Thomas23 

Trying to login after password reset. 'Error Number 5078'

I tried to log into the excel connector with an old password. I had not been to salesforce.com and tried to login there, when i did i discovered my password had expired and i had to reset it.

So i reset my password and tried to login with the new one plus the security token and I can't login and recieve an error message saying. "error number 5078"

If anyone could help that would be great. I was using the connector fine before my password expired.

jroyaltyjroyalty

The only thing I could find on this error is that it shows up when there's a bad user/pass combo.

So, a couple basic questions: You're using the new security token you received when you reset your password? If you're not certain, I recommend resetting your security token again and ensuring you're using that. You're entering it in the form of passwordtoken and not accidentally reversing it?

I know these are basic, but I didn't find anything more complicated that would cause this from the only changes you described.

5milestogo5milestogo

Hey Thomas, I'm getting the same problems ie error 5078. I've changed all passowrds, security tokens, logged on / off / rebooted etc but not luck. Have you got round it?

Thanks