function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ngoodmanngoodman 

Add a Note (Notes & Attachements) to Lead records

What's a good way, using the connector, or other way, to take a csv of Notes that need to be appended to Lead records?  Here's an example of a line item on the csv:

Lead ID                         Notes
000x24500245x            Customer stopped by our tradeshow booth.  Interested in purchasing.

I just want the Notes to show up on the Lead record as a line item on the Notes and Attachements related list for that Lead.
jeff.lopezstuitjeff.lopezstuit
Notes and attachments are stored in two separate objects, appropriately named "Note" and "Attachment".  Each of those object has a "ParentID" field that stores the value of the ID field that the note or attachment is linked to.  In this case, the parent ID would be the value of the "leadID" field.

So, if you had a CSV like the one you've described, you insert rows into Note by renaming  the "lead ID" field to "parent ID", and renaming the "notes" field to "body".  One final problem:  the notes object has a required "title" field, so you'll need to work out some kind of value for that field. Your CSV to insert could look something like this:

"ParentID","Title","Body"
"000x24500245x","Trade show notes","Customer stopped by our tradeshow booth.  Interested in purchasing."

ngoodmanngoodman
 Based on this entry, I've created a tutorial explaining this in detail at the blog
Confessions of a Salesforce Addict
MimiBCNMimiBCN

This is really helpful but there's an issue with the NoteID - I can't use "New", it won't import. Maybe there's been an update to the Excel Connector that's causing this? Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks!