function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Exel Connector - Help PleaseExel Connector - Help Please 

How to get various fields based on A/C id

Hello there,

I have pulled up a/c id using the SFsearch function. Now i want to know the details of the account. I want to know who is the account manager for the account, whether the account is a target account or not. Is there a way i can search and populate fields related to account based on the account id??

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
minikramerminikramer

Skip the third step of the wizard and Connector will have supply the proper headers for you. Paste your Account IDs in the fist column under 'Account ID' , select/highlight those cells in excel and then click on 'Query selected rows".  You're so close!

All Answers

minikramerminikramer

Query from ID is one of the central functionalities of the connector so time to read up! 

http://www.datatrim.com/downloads/sforceConnectorforExcel.pdf 

(At the time of this posting, a nice 'manual' was still posted here)

You may find this enjoyable as well:

https://salesforce.adobeconnect.com/_a13852757/p97003840

Remember, SFsearch() is not an exact match so be sure to check your work. :)

I can get the field based on id. however, how do you select multiple account id's and get their data. I have a list of 20 diff. account id's and i want their info. Using the query wizard i have to type those 20 id's individually which is time consuming.

minikramerminikramer

Skip the third step of the wizard and Connector will have supply the proper headers for you. Paste your Account IDs in the fist column under 'Account ID' , select/highlight those cells in excel and then click on 'Query selected rows".  You're so close!

This was selected as the best answer

Got it.

Thank you very much.