function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jake 2020Jake 2020 

Issues with Query Clauses in Excel Connector

System Specs: Office 2007 on Windows 8 64-Bit

I'm able to connect to my sf just fine and see my custom objects, etc. When I run through the wizard and leave the Clause page blank it returns all of the records in the object just fine. The same goes for when I limit using number fields.

But when I put any type of limiting criteria that involve date fields, text fields, or picklist fields on the Clause page it returns 0 records.

For instance in both picklist and text fields I've tried using double quotes (Example = "In Training"), single quotes (Example = 'In Training'), and no quotes (Example = In Training). All return 0 records when I know that there are records that have the text "In Training" in this field.

Am I doing something wrong with entering criteria? Can someone please help provide a couple examples of successful query clauses that limit text, date, and picklist fields?

Thank you in advance!

georgiergeorgier

Could you post an example of the query you are using? Have you tried using the Table Query Wizard? That gave me good examples of how to do the queries. Below is an example of a query I've used. And you don't need quotes when querying picklists or text.

OpportunityClose Dategreater than12/31/2012Close Dateless than1/1/2014
georgiergeorgier

And here are some good examples...

http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/wiki/Query

Brent ABrent A

Do we have any examples of the syntax required to filter with an OR statement?  example:  price 1 is greater than 1000 OR price 2 is greater than 1000.

I've been searching and can't find the correct format to use in the spreadsheet to return the proper results.

Thanks!