function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JThemussJThemuss 

Enhanced Data Loader

Hi Guys..

I have a Group Edition of Salesforce.

My manager wants me to import data from a legacy system that tracks suppliers and customer orders.

She wants me to be able to set something up to import the customer and supplier orders every week.

I have the custom objects set up and am ready to go with the csv files...

But I cannot use the Data Loader because of Group Edition... 

I have seen a link to "Enhanced Import Wizard" but the webpage is blank

Can anyone help and let me know if what I want to do is possible and where I can find the Enhanced Import Wizard?

Regards

j.themuss

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Couple of points to note here:

1. Group Edition does not support Apex Data Loader, so you will have to use the native Salesforce.com Import Wizard to import data into your SFDC environment.

2. There is no such thing called Enhanced Import Wizard as of now. There is a idea for a Enhanced Import Wizard on SF Customer Community - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqlF - but SF has not yet come up with any such utility.

3. You can use this like to get an idea on which objects (standard and custom) can you import data into, using the Import Wizard - https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=import_which_data_import_tool.htm&language=en_US

In a nutshell, for the Group Edition, Import Wizard supports the following objects:

a) Import of Accounts and Contacts - Upto 50,000 records

b) Import of Leads - Upto 50,000 records

c) Import of Custom object records - Upto 50,000 records

4. Unfortunately this process cannot be automated (something like Data Loader Command Line process) where the wizard could automatically pickup files from a pre-defined location. You would need to do this manually :(

Hope this helps! Please do click KUDOS if you find this response helpful!