function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril 

Join the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon

Salesforce.com loves developers. And it’s amazing to see how quickly our developer community builds next-generation apps on the Salesforce Platform. So we thought we’d cook up a little surprise. OK, a huge surprise. How about the world’s first hackathon with a single $1 million prize?

It’s on. Come to Dreamforce. Build a next-generation mobile app, and change the world. And win a million bucks. Really. What better way to say thank you to our developers than to put on the biggest on-site hackathon in history. Today, we are thrilled to launch the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon!

Read the full announcement at: http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2013/10/salesforce-one-million-dollar-hackathon.html

Get the full details at: www.dreamforce.com/hackathon

Use this board to form teams, ask questions, and connect with your fellow developers!

KashiKashi

Do all the team members need to be present at the Hackathon or can we use remote team members as well?

DevAngelDevAngel
Excellent question, let me find out.
DevAngelDevAngel

I'm pretty sure the rules state that all registered people need to be present.

millisecondmillisecond
The rules and regs state that "Participants must be registered, paid attendees of Dreamforce 2013", can you confirm that the hackathon badge is enough and a full conference pass isn't required to participate in the prizes?

Thanks!
KashiKashi

Thanks for the update. The scenario is as follow:

If I am a registered and paid attendees participating in the Hakhaton. Can I have one of my friends who is not at DF or Hackhaton to help me remotely or any developer remotely be part of my team to accomplish my project?

OR 

Do all the team members needs to be registered and present at the DF13?

Thanks

Kashi

piezaspiezas

i'm trying to figure out if it's legal to link to non open source libraries.  i see conflicting information in the rules.  technically, ios libraries don't seem like they could be linked to since they are 3rd party proprietary.  is the intent just that you don't include source code from someone whose code you don't have license to?  if you have license to link to a 3rd parties libraries (non open source), is that legal?

thanks,

DevAngelDevAngel
Yes, hackathon badge is enough. The rule was written before we provided the free registrations. The important part is "Participants must be registered"
DevAngelDevAngel
Yes, you can use non-open source libraries. The point of the open source libraries is that if you do use them, you adhere to their chosen OS license requirements and that you don't use 3rd party proprietary code. That doesn't mean non-open source code. Proprietary implies that it is not in the public domain.