function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DarkHalfDarkHalf 

Salesforce account verification and judging

When we login to salesforce SDK, sometimes we are required to enter a verification code on new devices.  When we hand this account over to judges in submission process, how will they be able to verify the account to test it with?

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

You can actually disable the passcode step entirely in the Connected App that you're use to configure the SDK. In the Connected App that you create in Salesforce (whose Consumer Key you use in the SDK app), just uncheck the 'Pin Protect' checkbox and the SDK will stop requiring a passcode everytime you launch the app. 

Hope this helps

DarkHalfDarkHalf

It was never checked.  It still asks for verification.  I have no phone number on the account so it sends email verification.  This will be a problem for judging

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

In Setup, go to Manage Apps-->Connected Apps and then click Edit next to your Connected App. Set the 'IP Restrictions' to 'Relax IP Restrictions'. 

DarkHalfDarkHalf

So far so good, then again it's very "hit & miss" on when it requires me to re-verify.  I'll update this thread in a day.  Thx

Pat PattersonPat Patterson

You can squash this for good by adding a Login IP Range of 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 for the System Administrator profile. This marks the whole Internet as 'trusted' and not requiring verification.

NEVER DO THIS IN A PRODUCTION ORG!!!

Cheers,

Pat

HackyHacky

None of these methods have worked

Pat PattersonPat Patterson

Grab one of the Salesforce developer evangelists - we should be able to figure this out for you.

I'll be on duty this afternoon from 3:30 to 6pm. Look for me in a black shirt, with a mustache: http://instagram.com/p/g3BDZyIq7u/