function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jim.raynorjim.raynor 

Logalytics for Salesforce - A Legal Entry?

Hello,

I was searching for what others are buliding and saw this app. While it looks good, I don't think this meets the requirements mentioned-

"Participants may begin forming their teams and working on their entry (each, an
“Entry” and, together, the “Entries”) as early as October 25, 2013. Each Entry
shall consist of a mobile application with a link to the working source code, the
application login credential, a written description and a brief demo video. Entries
must be completed and submitted between November 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm PST
and November 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm PST."

This app is available on App Store since Oct 25 - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logalytics-for-salesforce/id694548466

Which clearly means that it was built prior to the hackathon announcement and should not be qualified as valid for hackathon. I have one similar app which I built a while back and put on app store but I'm writing another one from scratch just to comply with the rules.

Further, it looks like this guy Mike Leach is a Force.com MVP and works with Facebook. Even his MVP profile mentions the app - http://developer.force.com/mvp_profile_mike

No hard feelings but I do think this app should not be eligible.

May the best app win!

Mike LeachMike Leach

Hey Jim,

Team Logalytics hacked a mobile application together using Salesforce1 and Visualforce for the hackathon. Our goal was to demonstrate the "one-ness" of managing an entire Salesforce operations workflow in a single mobile app; something our existing API and native app cannot do.

We believe our entry was in 100% compliance with the rules and spirit of the hackathon. Source code for our entry can be found here.

Our congratulations go out to the winners of the hackathon. We hope many of these apps, yours included, will go on to do great things on the AppExchange! :-)

-Mike

jim.raynorjim.raynor

Mike,

Thanks for your clarification. Good to know that you guys put together using Salesforce1 and Visualforce for the hackathon. However, that doesn't take away the fact that your app was listed on AppExchange prior to the hackathon start date. Why should you (or anyone else) have an unfair advantage over others who started off when the hackathon was announced or for that matter, those who worked non-stop during the week of Dreamforce to build out an app?

I know you have every reason to be upset that you may have been potentially disqualified while Upshot actually won. If that's the case, think about others whose apps weren't even seen or evaluated by the judges?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Upshot should have been disqaulified. Even if it wasn't bulit prior to the hackathon, I personally cosnider it very stupid to run a hackathon and award your ex-employee a one-million dollar cheque for and with all due respect, an app that renders reports on mobile? I encourage folks to check out demo videos of all submissions on YouTube and make their own judgement.

My 2 cents (not one million dollars!)

Jim