function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SURESH COOLSURESH COOL 

HI plz help for dis..............To hide “Cancelled” agreements from standard agreement search???

Business requested to hide “Cancelled” records  from standard record search. When users search for records in Salesforce, system shows all records  which meet search criteria. (like process, requested, in effect, records ..... all showes me but...... i want all records  except cancelled records......)
 except “Cancelled....how can i acheave dis can any one help me plz

Best Answer chosen by SURESH COOL
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
There are two ways to hide the cancelled agreements: (1) adjust your sharing model so that users can only see limited account information, then move cancelled agreements to an account outside the sharing model, or (2) delete the record. You can't explicitly force the system to exclude a record from search results.

For the first method, you would have to go to Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings, set Account, Contract, and Asset to Private sharing, create a public group that contains all users except one (usually an administrator), and create a sharing rule that grants sharing from the public group with itself (so that the system still appears "public read/write"), and finally assign the cancelled agreements to the excluded user (by changing the agreement's account to one owned by that user).

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
There are two ways to hide the cancelled agreements: (1) adjust your sharing model so that users can only see limited account information, then move cancelled agreements to an account outside the sharing model, or (2) delete the record. You can't explicitly force the system to exclude a record from search results.

For the first method, you would have to go to Setup > Security Controls > Sharing Settings, set Account, Contract, and Asset to Private sharing, create a public group that contains all users except one (usually an administrator), and create a sharing rule that grants sharing from the public group with itself (so that the system still appears "public read/write"), and finally assign the cancelled agreements to the excluded user (by changing the agreement's account to one owned by that user).
This was selected as the best answer
SURESH COOLSURESH COOL
Thanks a lot  sfdc fox