function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anuraj123anuraj123 

Error We're unable to retrieve your data due to an error

Hi,
I have created a site.com and in the site I have added some fields from my custom object to get display on the site.com. In the preview it is working fine but after i publish the site.com i am not able to view the records i am getting an error.

Error We're unable to retrieve your data due to an error.
Please guide me what is the issue.
Thanks
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Anuraj, 

Do you have a user "profile" set up for sites users that includes access to your custom object? If not, you won't be able to access those objects from sites and will get an error message of the kind you're seeing.

Are these custom "objects" perhaps instead custom "fields" on say Opportunity or Accounts? If so, that could be the problem. If you're trying to access any fields (standard or custom) on Accounts, Opportunities, Events or Leads (and a few others), unless you have full partner licenses, you'll need to mirror them through a Custom Object that contains those fields and then sync them back to the primary object using triggers or batchable classes.

See the below link for further information,
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/13098/unable-to-insert-new-record-into-site-coms-form

Regards,
Ashish