function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
djacobsondjacobson 

I need to create a Requisition Approval Process that 1st goes to the Users Manager & then based on the $Amt may have to go through up to 5 more Managers (Ex: if > $500, goes to Mgr 2 & then if > $1000, goes to Mgr 3, etc. Does anyone have any examples?

Ex: Mgr 1 approves form 25 & < 500, Mgr 2 (that Manager's Manager)  approves Amts between 500 & < 1000, Mgr 3 (previous Manager's Manager) approves 1,000 to < 2,000, etc.

I have set up an Approval Amount on the User record but not sure how to designate the Mgr's Manager then the Manager's Manager's Manager......

When I assign the approver, I do not want to have to assign to a specific User, I want it to go to the next Manager in the Hierarchy (Manager's Manager, then that Manager's Manager, etc)

Any help would be appreciated.
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
This is a pretty basic feature of approval processes: to be able to allow any step to be bypassed if certain criteria are not met. 

Creating a hierarchy based on the user could be assigned when the approval process was submitted, not dynamically as each new step is reached. You do this by creating user lookup fields in the object. You'd then need to implement the logic to populate those fields with some Apex when you create or modify a record. Although, you might check into the new Flow Trigger feature that is in pilot currently. 

Then in the approval process, you can use the value of those lookup fields as the assigned approver. 

When you create the approval process, don't use the "Jump Start" wizard. That creates a one-step approval process. The standard wizard requires setting more parameters, but in the end you can add as many steps as you want. 
djacobsondjacobson
Thanks for that great answer Peter. I ended up creating Approval Steps for each Manager level & assigning to a specfic user since I needed a quick turn-around, but for the future I will try out your resolution.
Thanks Again!