function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carter85Carter85 

Inaccessible or partial custom object field help

I have two custom objects I'm trying to access via apex with a VF page overlay for force.com guest user access.  For one, even though I have enabled read/edit permissions in both the guest profile and field level security on the object itself the guest user in my test only has the ability to read, not make edits, and so the dependent methods meant to make adjustments error out.  For the other custom object I have granted the same permissions/field securities, but users cannot even read from the fields.  The class works fine when I test as an admin with the same data, so I know that it's just that the guest user for some reason does not have the necessary access, even though I've granted it.  Were there any recent changes to salesforce anyone knows of which may now be restricting guest user access or would require me to make permission edits somewhere aside from on the object and guest profile?
Best Answer chosen by Carter85
GlynAGlynA
Is your controller class declared as "public without sharing class ..."?  If not, try that.

-Glyn

All Answers

GlynAGlynA
Is your controller class declared as "public without sharing class ..."?  If not, try that.

-Glyn
This was selected as the best answer
Carter85Carter85
Thanks, that solved it, though it's odd that previously it was working when I had declared the controller as With sharing rather than without.  Either way, it works now, so thanks again.