function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikey999Mikey999 

Need to pass a Value from custom object to an event.

I need to pass one value into a field called SE_Number__c to an event.  Here is the current button url, I need to pass the value into the event which is partically pre populated (see below) with one more value the value from the custom object is /00N70000002YIFj?setupid=CustomObjects, therefore I assume the value to pass is 00N70000002YIFj  I am just not sure how the syntax goes in teh url hack.  So far this is working, I have the record type all that good stuff.  I have created the new field on the event called SE_Number__c (same name on both objects).

/00U/e?what_id={!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&RecordType=012700000009gHj&ent=Event

Thank you very much!!
phiberoptikphiberoptik

Sorry mate, but Im not sure if its your puncuation or what, but not all of your sentences make sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are trying to get the value of SE_Number__c into a custom field on the Event object that has the field ID 00N70000002YIFj, correct? If so here you go:

/00U/e?what_id={!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&RecordType=012700000009gHj&ent=Event&00N70000002YIFj={!SE_Number__c}