function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrittanyBrittany 

Recreate "Create PDF" button on quote

I am looking to recreate the "Create PDF" button on the quote page. What I am looking to do is have the custom create pdf button only list certain templates that can be used for a certain record type. My question is how do I go about recreating the "Create PDF" button to work simpler to the standard button. I am not a developer so I am trying to figure out the code needed to create the custom button and trying to figure out if I need to create a visualforce page, iframe, javascript, or whatever to get this working.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Brittany,

While researching I found the following app with which you can create a visualforce quote template - the code is available so i believe you just need to alter it accordingly to your requirement.
yes. it uses visualforce so you can format the pdf your way.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Visualforce_Quote2PDF
cruttley2cruttley2
I also would like to recreate the Create PDF button on the Quote page, just to give it a more meaningul name. I am not a developer. I would simply like to have the same code that the existing button uses, but label it differently. @brittany, just wondering if you came up with a simple solution?