function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcrajsfdcraj 

Fetching required fields from custom object to visual force page

Hi , 

i have a custom object PROJECT . I created a visual force page which is a mirror of PROJECT page layout .
now I want the required field validations on the object to be displayed on visual force page. 

I used "required = true" on my input field , it gave me the red bar in the field but when I click save without filling the required field the page does not show error message and the record is not saved. 

Can an any body help me?
Rahul_sgRahul_sg
What is happening after clickin the SAVE button? Did you include the <Apex:Form> tag in your VF page?
sfdcrajsfdcraj
Hey Rahul ,

i used standard controller = project__c and extension = projcontroller

i have written my own save method in extension controller

after clicking save it will won't validate anything. If all the mandatory fields are filled the record is saved if I miss any one mandatory field the record will not get saved. 

I have given a pagereference after save method . It successfully goes to the new page reference though record is created or not.
Anil SavaliyaAnil Savaliya
Hey,

Did you add <apex:pagemessage/> ?
sfdcrajsfdcraj
Yea I have added this tag in my visualforce page...but finally i figured out whats causing the problem but i could not find the solution for this...i raised a ticket for this to salesforce.......

so when i use <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!Save}" onComplete="refreshParentWindow()"/>
on click of save the mandatory field validations are not checked but

when i use <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!Save}" />
the mandatory field validations are checked after click of "save"

I have to use the javascriipt function on "onComplete" as shown above...but it see that the mandatory field validation is not done if i use the onComplete property.....will have to wait for the case comments