function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
megmooPDXmegmooPDX 

custom action in search results list?

Is it possible to create a custom link in a search result list? What I want is to remove the "Del" action link (I know how to do this) and replace it with a custom link "DNE" which will have an action attached to it that will create an activity logging that a call was received rom a DNE client. Basically, I want to save my reps the time of clicking into the record and logging an activity if they see the "Rep Do Not Engage" flag is true. Is this possible?

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by megmooPDX
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
This can be done. 

Make sure List Button and display checkboxes are ticked.

Use this link as base. You will need to change the the "Phone Call Out" to the subject you want to come up. change PUTINHERE to the comment you would to have appear.  You may delete what_id={!Account.Id} if you dont have related to as a mandatory feild...
/00T/e?who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Phone Call Out&tsk6=PUTINHERE&retURL={!Contact.Id}

Hope this work....please mark as answer if it does.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

I would suggest you customize it with visualforce. Please have a look at following blog for sample code:

http://www.forcetree.com/2009/07/database-search-and-selection.html
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
This can be done. 

Make sure List Button and display checkboxes are ticked.

Use this link as base. You will need to change the the "Phone Call Out" to the subject you want to come up. change PUTINHERE to the comment you would to have appear.  You may delete what_id={!Account.Id} if you dont have related to as a mandatory feild...
/00T/e?who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Phone Call Out&tsk6=PUTINHERE&retURL={!Contact.Id}

Hope this work....please mark as answer if it does.
This was selected as the best answer
megmooPDXmegmooPDX
Thank, brynjones! That doesn't create the link (only mentioning that for anyone who might read this topic in the future), however, it's more than sufficient since it gives me the functionality I need. I very much appreciate your answer!!
megmooPDXmegmooPDX
@brynjones - any idea if I can default the value in a custom task field? I have a custom field called Category (API name is Category __c) but passing a value to it in the URL does nothing. 
megmooPDXmegmooPDX

Nevermind! I found the answer to my own question here: http://writeforce.blogspot.com/2013/01/prepopulating-fields-using-url-hacking.html

Basically to do this, you need to find the ID for the custom field by viewing the page source. 

megmooPDXmegmooPDX
Unfortunately, this isn't quite solved yet. When I click on the button I just created, it doesn't associate it with the selected member. 

User-added image

Any idea how I can pass the selected Member Name in the URL?
Salesforce Support 10Salesforce Support 10
Hi Meg,

Could you please let me know how have you removed the Del Action link from the above page layout?
Megan Moody 10Megan Moody 10
I removed the Delete permissoin from the profile of the users of this app:

Setup --> Administration Setup --> Manage Users
click on the profile
go to the Custom Object Permissions (or Standard Object Permissions)
uncheck the "Delete" permission.