function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
william1.390506530291986E12william1.390506530291986E12 

Schedule Callback Button

I am trying to create a custom button similiar to log a call. I am lost. I need to figure out the beginning of the code. So when a rep hits Schedule a callback it pops up a window with a calendar which they can then choose and it logs an activity!!! Please Help. Beginner Force.com user. Thank you
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
William,

The best way to do this is to create a button that creates a task. 

To define the account, contact, app, case, you must define this in the link. The cool thing with this is that you can also make certain fields populate by themselves by simply writing more in the link on the button.

Please explain where you would like to put the Schedule the call back button and what activity is it linked to. Then i can help you most definately as i have just doen this in our company.

I'm only 17 and also a beginner in code writing, but with the help of this great online comunity got i to work...

Will be glad to help...

Bryn
william1.390506530291986E12william1.390506530291986E12
Thank you very much for your help. I am trying to create the task in leads. It is going to operate very similiar to log a call button. I just feel that the log a call button is to extensive. So from the lead if a sales rep talks to someone who they then have to callback they will be able to click schedule callback and a calendar will pop up and they can select the date and time hit save and then it will log an activity.
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
Ive never heard of the calender part but see below. this is a post i did for another person.

You can automatically fill out standard SF feilds using a custom button along with "&tsk#= value you want" in the link.
replace the "#" with the feild you want...see codes below(if the feild you want is missing play around with the numbers to get the right feild. I dont have the all the task feilds on my page layout hence the missing numbers). This minimizes the amount of entering...

3 is Contact Name
4 is Account Name
7 is Status
11 is Case Origin
14 is Subject
15 is Description

Hope this makes sense and helps.
Bryn