function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prady01Prady01 

Click to dial on a VF page

Hi Developer forum, I am facing some issues with respect to click to dial functionality on a custom VF page, I did try and use 

<script src="/support/api/29.0/interaction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and

This is a column: <support:clickToDial number="{!r.Phone_Number__c}" entityId="{!r.id}"/>

but when I run the page it says click to dial disabled. when I hover over the phone icon on the VF page, Not sure what I am missing out here, Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. This is a inline VF page on another object standard detail page.

Thanks
Prady

Best Answer chosen by Prady01
Michal KaparMichal Kapar
Be carefull with "This component doesn't work with embedded Visualforce pages within standard page layouts." - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_support_clickToDial.htm

All Answers

Bryn JonesBryn Jones
Prady,

Have you checked the ClickToDial settings to see if it has to allow it to be run in VF pages? This is the first place to check.

Second way is to find a original CTD button and see how it is coded to run.

Please mark this as Answer if this worked.

Thanks
Bryn
Prady01Prady01
Hi Bryn, First if all thanks for the reply, Could you please give me some more details, This is the First time, I am working on CTI, The one I have installed is CTI Demo Adapter, I would like to add the click to dial on the VF page where there are phone numbers present, I am not sure whether I am missing any JS or I am looking in a completely wrong way.

Many thanks
Prady
John SpinarskiJohn Spinarski
Turn off development mode and your click to dial will be activated.
Michal KaparMichal Kapar
Be carefull with "This component doesn't work with embedded Visualforce pages within standard page layouts." - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_support_clickToDial.htm
This was selected as the best answer