function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
macedon2020macedon2020 

Live Agent Chat Routing

Least Active Incoming chats are routed to the agent with the required skill who has the fewest active chats.

Example :
A has 3 chats and B has 2 chats , it will be routed to B

Most Available Incoming chats are routed to the agent with the required skill and the greatest difference between chat capacity and active chat sessions. For example, if Agents A and B each have a chat capacity of five, and Agent A has three active chat sessions while Agent B has only one, incoming chats will be routed to Agent B.

Example :
Capacity is 5 chats per Agent
A has 3 chats and B has 2 chats , it will be routed to B

Routing algo:
I could see any difference between two, I appreciate of you help me to find the difference
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
macedon2020,

The difference is the Chat Capacity part.   

Most Available: Agent A may have a capacity of 10 and have 6 active chats, and Agent B may have a capacity of 5 and have 4 active chats so the call gets routed to A.

Least Active: Agent A may have a capacity of 10 and have 6 active chats, and Agent B may have a capacity of 5 and have 4 active chats so the call will go to B because B has less active chats.

For workload sake: Most Available is your best choice as more advanced Agents can handle more chats at one time so hence there Capacity is higher, whereas loading up a not so advanced Agent will cause reduced quality support or sales as the person is stressed out and trying to focus on alot of things at once.

I hope this makes sense and helped...if it did please mark as answer.

Bryn