function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
megmooPDXmegmooPDX 

inline editing on Record Results list

I have inline editing enabled. It works from the default screen for my object that lists all of the records (members) in that custom object. In the screen shot below, if the user double clicks in the Do Not Engage field or in the Log DNE Call field (the two checkboxes), they are able to edit those values. 

User-added image

However, when a search is done in the global search box at the top to narrow down the records available, inline editing will not work for the returned record(s). That is, I cannot double click on either of the checkbox fields to change their value.

User-added image

Any idea if I can make inline editing work for the Record Results list? I posted this on the Salesforce Success Community and got the answer that it's not possible. However, I wanted to see if maybe there is a VF page or something I could create to make this possible. 
Best Answer chosen by megmooPDX
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Unfortunately there is no way we could have inline editing on the returned searched results. 
There is an idea related to this. You can vote on this idea.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BqUNAA0

If you perhaps use a Visualforce page with your own custom search then it might be possible.

Regards,
Satish Kumar

All Answers

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Unfortunately there is no way we could have inline editing on the returned searched results. 
There is an idea related to this. You can vote on this idea.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BqUNAA0

If you perhaps use a Visualforce page with your own custom search then it might be possible.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
megmooPDXmegmooPDX
@Satish - thanks so much for the prompt response. Good to have to reconfirmation that it's not current functionality.