function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
andysax84andysax84 

Session cookies in Internet Explore iFrame during login

Hi all,

we are developing customer communities on our Salesforce enviroment.
Customer community is based on visualforce pages and it is shown to our customer inside an iframe inserted in our web portal. We observe an issue with Internet Explorer browser probably due to a third party cookies block.

We tried to P3P policy using:

Apexpages.currentPage().getHeaders().put('p3p', 'CP="IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"');

Inside the page’s controller.
But this doesn’t solve our problem because it seems originated during login process (with SAML SSO).
Internet Explorer blocks the cookies sent by “secur/frontdoor.jsp” and the result is that the customer can’t see Salesforce pages. There is a configuration, Salesforce side, to avoid this behavior? Or anyone has the same issue?

Thanks,
Andrea
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

Please check if these settings are configured in your browser:

http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=getstart_browser_ie.htm&language=en_US
andysax84andysax84
Thanks Vinita.

But the page is for customers. I can't ask them to change their Privacy Configuration on their browser.
For this reason i asked for a configuration Salesforce side and not client side.

Thank you.
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

If these settings are not configured on browser then few functionalities might break on the browser. Request your client to have this standard configuration, because if you do not configure these settinngs and issue is happening because of any missed setting then i doubt if the issue will be resolved.
Chandra PrakashChandra Prakash
Hi ,

Please check code below link

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/21378/salesforce-cookies-behaving-differently-by-introducing-model-class-using-ie

Regrds,
Chandra Prakash Sharma