function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShaneJensenShaneJensen 

Communities - Chatter Answers My Questions not showing for old questions

Hi All,

We migrated a Portal site using Chatter Answers to Communities and for the most part everything is fine.  However when a user selects "My Questions" it does not show any questions they created before the migration.  New Questions posted after the migration show up fine.

Our migration consisted mostly of switching the Chatter Answers Zone from Partner to Community.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,
Shane
Best Answer chosen by ShaneJensen
ShaneJensenShaneJensen
With help from Salesforce Tier 3 Support was able to fix this.  Basically you need to make sure the Creator of the Question has a value in the QuestionSubscription object. 

Did this query in Workbench to find the majority of the problems, then just update the object.
SELECT CreatedById,Id FROM Question
WHERE CreatedById NOT IN (SELECT SubscriberID FROM QuestionSubscription)

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

Old Question tab is not available in Communities. Please refer section "Features Not Available in Communities" in below help document:

http://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_portal_to_community_migration_cheatsheet.pdf
ShaneJensenShaneJensen
I am not using Old Questions.  I'm using Chatter Answers in a Visual Force Page using the Components:
<chatteranswers:searchask communityId="ID"/>
<chatteranswers:feedfilter />
<chatteranswers:feeds communityId="ID"/>

ID removed.
ShaneJensenShaneJensen
With help from Salesforce Tier 3 Support was able to fix this.  Basically you need to make sure the Creator of the Question has a value in the QuestionSubscription object. 

Did this query in Workbench to find the majority of the problems, then just update the object.
SELECT CreatedById,Id FROM Question
WHERE CreatedById NOT IN (SELECT SubscriberID FROM QuestionSubscription)
This was selected as the best answer