function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
R_ShriR_Shri 

hide record type in '/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp'

Hi,

Can we hide record type in the link  '/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Account'

It is a standard page while creating a new Account, and in drop down I am getting all my record types.
In all I have 5 record types out of which I have to display only 3 to everybody while 2 record types are used only if the record is created with the help of another application (while integration)

Please help me regarding this and let me know the probable solution of it.

Thanks and regards,

R_Shri
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Record Types Assignments can only be changed with the Profile Settings.
I dont think there is any way in salesforce to change the list in the Standard page.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
R_ShriR_Shri
Hi Satish,

Till now your solution is the best solution I have con accross for this problem.

Do you have any idea can we place a visualforce page before '/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Account' . Such that after completing the functionality of vf page we can redirect the user to recordType selection.
Or else can we replace '/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Account'with some other vf page.

Thanks in advance!
R_Shri
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
While assigning a visual force page to an object tab page, you will have an option to override the record type selection page.

You will have to check under Buttons, Links and Actions list for the particular object.
And then you can override the page with your own VF page.

Regards,
Satish Kumar