function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gazzer82gazzer82 

Get/Set value of field in PageBlockTable

I have a pageBlockTable in a visualforce page, in the table i am allowing users via JQuery .sortable to rearrange the order of the rows.

No, i want to store this sorting on page save, so i have created a new parameter on the product in Salesforce called sort_order that is a number field.

I would like to update the field, which is in the table and will eventually be hidden each time the rows are dragged, so that on save everything is stored.

I have the following code, which i am trying to get to loop through the table and update the fields appropriatley, but i can't work out the JQuery syntax for setting the value of the field.

Here is the code that creates the table:

<apex:pageBlock title="Selected {!$ObjectType.Product2.LabelPlural}" id="selected">
                <apex:variable value="{!1}" var="index"> 
                <apex:pageblockTable value="{!shoppingCart}" var="s" id="shopping_cart" rowClasses="cartRow">
                    <tr data-SFid="{!index}">

<apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem.Fields.Description.Label}">
                        <apex:inputField id="item_description" value="{!s.Description}" required="false"/>
                    </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Current ID">
                    <apex:inputField id="Current_ID" value="{!s.Sort_Order__c}" style="width:70px" required="false" onkeyup="refreshTotals();"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Updated ID" value="{!index}" />

<apex:column >
                        <apex:commandLink value="Remove" action="{!removeFromShoppingCart}" reRender="selected,searchResults" immediate="true">
                            <!-- this param is how we send an argument to the controller, so it knows which row we clicked 'remove' on -->
                            <apex:param value="{!s.PriceBookEntryId}" assignTo="{!toUnselect}" name="toUnselect"/>
                        </apex:commandLink>
                        <apex:variable value="{!index+1}" var="index">
                        </apex:variable>

<apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.Product2.LabelPlural}" value="{!s.PriceBookEntry.Product2.Name}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem.Fields.Quantity.Label}">
                        <apex:inputField value="{!s.Quantity}" style="width:70px" required="true" onkeyup="refreshTotals();"/>

<apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem.Fields.UnitPrice.Label}">
                        <apex:inputField value="{!s.UnitPrice}" style="width:70px" required="true" onkeyup="refreshTotals();"/>

</tr> 
                </apex:pageblockTable>
                </apex:variable>

It is the "Current ID" editable field, with the ID of Current_ID that i want to update.

And this is as far as i have gotten with the update script, i have it looping through the rows with the "Selected" id, but i'm not sure how to update/access the value.

$( "[id$=shopping_cart] tbody" ).sortable({
                        update: function(event, ui) {
                        //init();
                        i = 0;
                        $("[id$=shopping_cart] tbody tr.cartRow").each(function() {
                              $this = $(this)
                              var value = $(this).find('Current_ID');
                              var value2 = $(value).find('value');
                              console.log("Checking Row " + i);
                              console.log(value);
                              console.log(value2).value;
                              i++;
                              });

})

Help greatly appreciated as i am way more an ObjectiveC person than i am a Javascript/JQuery person!

Thanks

Gareth
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi Gareth, 

See the blog below, it has Sample code for JQuery Sortable and VisualForce along with more information, 

<apex:page controller="ProductSort" showheader="true">
<apex:includescript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"> </apex:includescript>
<apex:includescript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/jquery-ui.js"></apex:includescript>
<apex:stylesheet value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.5/themes/cupertino/jquery-ui.css"></apex:stylesheet>
<style>
#sortable { list-style-type: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 60%; }
#sortable li { margin: 0 3px 3px 3px; padding: 0.4em; padding-left: 1.5em; font-size: 1.4em; height: 18px; }
#sortable li span { position: absolute; margin-left: -1.3em; }

</style>
<script>
$(function() {
  $( "#sortable" ).sortable();
  $( "#sortable" ).disableSelection();
});

</script>

<apex:sectionheader id="sechead" subtitle="Sorting" title="Products"></apex:sectionheader>
<apex:pageblock title="Sortable Products">
<ul id="sortable">
<apex:repeat id="list" value="{!p}" var="prod">
<li class="ui-state-default" id="{!prod.Id}"><span class="ui-icon ui-icon-arrowthick-2-n-s" id="{!prod.Id}"></span>{!prod.Name}</li>
</apex:repeat>
</ul>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:page>

http://www.codemeonce.com/2012/02/jquery-sortable-and-visualforce.html

Regards,
Ashish