function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12hy.lim1.3897974166558203E12 

Entitlement milestone start time based on entitlement process does not work

Hi, i have an entitlement process which its 'Case enters the process' = Based on a custom date/time field on the case: SLA Cont Time

and under this entitlement process i have a milestone it's Start time = 'Entitlement Process'

but whenever my case being assigned to to this entitlement, the milestone start time always show case created date. shouldn't it be my custom date/time field: SLA Cont Time?

ps: my SLA cont time is different from case created date
thanks.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

As the entitlement is starting when the case is created - it is taking from the Time - case was created. 

You have to specify the milestone start time manually,

Ex. Milestone start date - Created date etc.

Regards,
Ashish 

Ray C. KaoRay C. Kao
You can still achieve it by setting milestone's "Start Time" to "Meet Criteria".

User-added image

And, about the entitlement process start time, please find explaination here:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000232367&language=en_US

There is a field called "Entitlement Process Start Time" in the case object which is populated when a case is associated to an entitlement. The value is based on the "Case enters the process" of the Entitlement Process. If it is based on a custom field and the custom field is blank during the time the case was associated to the Entitlement Process, the system pulls up the Date/Time Opened field of the case instead.
Maria HuemmerMaria Huemmer
You can use process builder to update milestones. I found that if I do a time delay update, I can update the start time of an independent milestone.