function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
riteshmanglani1.3918481725531377E12riteshmanglani1.3918481725531377E12 

Salesforce.com scope for an experienced ASP.Net Developer

Apologies if one is not suppose to ask non-technical questions on this forum, but I would give it a try ayway :)

I am an Sr. ASP.Net developer (C# and VB) in my company with 7 years of experience and earning a good salary. My company is offering me to move to Salesforce.com development (APEX, Visualforce, triggers, third party integratios etc. etc.).

I want to move up in hierarchy and this would kind of open a door to me for the same. I want to know, would it be a good idea to move to Salesforce development after spending so many years in .Net??

How different it would be from ASP.Net? i saw few beginners videos and it looks okay to me. I also hear a buzz of Cloud Computing and Salesforce is leader in it (if I am not wrong), so that way this opportunity looks very attractive to me, but i need other persons perspective on this, who may have worked on both the technologies.

What is the future?
What challenges I may face?
Would it be more lucrative? :)

Thanks a lot for your help and advice in advance.
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
Hi Ritesh,

You'll find there are many .NET developers that are now developing on Salesforce Platform as well. Check out the new Salesforce Toolkits for .NET; this should be a big help to you as you start learning the Platform. 

As for the question about it being lucrative; I am of course biased, but can tell you that there is a huge demand for Salesforce Developers - HUGE. 
Informme24Informme24
Hi ,

I am exactly in same boat. Seriosly considering changing my career from .Net Development to CRM (either Dynamics CRM or Salesforce). Somehow not happy with Dynamics CRM as MS is still in process where as SF is already established. Also there is a .Net kit avilable in SF for .Net developers. Would you please share your thoughts/advice?
Navin PrasadNavin Prasad
Hi @Informme24,

have you succeeded in changing the development career?